2016 has been an extraordinary year for me – both professionally and personally. From reconnecting with old friends to stepping into one of the most rewarding experiences in my career – I have made new friends, been challenged by old ones, and found myself inspired by the world around me.
I would like to share five reflections with you as we close this year out:
- It’s Not About Me! It’s about those around us. Jack Welch reminded all of us of this in his quote, “The day you become a leader, your job is to take people who are already great and make them unbelievable.”
- Design Leads Strategy. This is not always easy, but it is right.
- Simplify, Simplify, Simplify. Steve Jobs stated, “Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains.”
- Conquer Your Fears! You can do anything you put your mind to – even if you do not believe you can! As a leader, father, husband, friend, or just as a person, I have to remember these three things: be honest with myself, make the behavior my own, and take the plunge.
- Know Me! Surprise Me! Make It Easy! In the spirit of simplicity, quit making everything so difficult for consumers. Live by these three principles, and you can hit it out of the park.
The last thing I want to leave you with as we close 2016 is simply this – the power of yes! Richard Branson stated,“If someone offers you an amazing opportunity and you are not sure you can do it, say yes. Then learn how to do it later.” Next week I will share on the POWER OF YES IN 2017!!!
Be sure to take time over the next two weeks to reconnect with someone, hug someone, and spend time with all of those you love!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!